Hopefully the FAQ answers below will be of help. If you have any additional questions that we're not covered here please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. How much will my move cost?
Please check our pricing page .
2. How long will my move take?
Each move is unique. Something as simple as elevator access, loading location, 3 th floor walk up or 10th floor with elevator can impact your moves duration. It is nearly impossible to state a time without knowing more details of your location, as well your inventory list.
However, our guidelines can give you a general idea:
- 1 Studio/one bedroom condo 4-5 hours.
- 2 Bedroom condo 6-8 hours
- 3 Bedroom house 8-12 hours based on load/unload one full truck.
- Loading full 26 foot truck with 3 movers will take 4/5 hours if walking distance from your door to the truck is reasonable.
- Loading full 20 footer truck will take 3/4 hours with 3 movers.
- Unloading usually takes same amount of time as loading.
Please keep in mind all situations are unique and these times are served as guidelines only.
3. Do you have any hidden fees?
No. We’re very proud to be one of the few moving companies that mention and list all charges upfront in your personalized, written quote. If the charge is not listed, you don’t pay it.
4. What time am I charged for?
The moving clock starts upon our crew’s arrival. It finishes when your last item unloaded from the truck and all floor runners and moving blankets are back in the truck. In addition we add one hour travel time for all local job in radius of 20 km from city hall.
5. Do you accept personal cheques?
No we do not accept personal checks.
6. Do I need to empty drawers before they moved?
Yes, we require emptying of your dresser drawers for these reasons:
Leaving items in the drawers make the dresser, in some cases, too heavy for the frame during travel and jostling.
With that extra weight, drawer runners/slides can be damaged in transit
Depending on the size, it may not be feasible to keep the dresser upright while removing from residence. In the event that it has to be tipped, items can get jarred creating problems once usage reassume
7. Do you disassemble/reassemble furniture.
Yes we do. However we recommend that you have all necessary manuals and special tools ready for complex furniture. Please note that disassembling and reassembling furniture will likely increase the total billable time.
8. Do you provide packing service?
Yes we do provide packing service at your regular hourly rate.
9. How is my furniture protected when you move it?
Ottawa Best Movers use padded dollies to help prevent any damage to large furniture items. If necessary, your furniture will be protected with blankets and shrink wrapped.
10. Do your movers provide any floor protection?
Yes, our crews will set floor runners out to protect your carpets, wood, or tiled floors.
11. What won't you transport?
Safes, flammable items, explosives, guns, ammo, animals, plants and pool tables.
12. Are you insured?
Absolutely! Check our insurance page for details
Proof of insurance is available upon request.
13. What is your claims policy?
All claims for loss or damage must be submitted IN WRITING before movers leaving your property. Notice of claim must include a detailed description of the claim, weight and proof of loss/damage/delay.
14. Is it OK to tip the movers?
Yes, as we work at the service industry TIPS are welcome.
15. What does it mean "Walk up/stairs " fee?
We have to charge walkup/stairs fee due to higher liability cost, as most of the damages and accidents happen while moving items up or down stairs.
Walkup = stairs to different levels in your home or apartment.
If you have less than 6 stairs we will not charge a stairs fee for them.
Not applicable for buildings with elevator, ground level, garage, half basement less than 6 stairs.
Applicable for basements level, second level and above.
Walking fee = More than 100 feet distance from the truck to your door.
Applicable once move has to be done via parking lot of the building, underground garage or any other long walk over 100 feet.
Contact the Areas Best Movers
Call (343) 201-1118 Today